Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Saturday, October 15, 2005

LSD-8 Miles

I ran 8 miles along the Potomac River, on the Mt. Vernon Trail. It was a beautiful day, about 80 but all the summer humidity is gone and there was a light breeze, so it felt about 10 degrees cooler than the same temp would've a month ago.

This was a big jump in mileage for the LSD since I've been sticking to 5 on my weekend run. I know, I know, it's never good to increase that much, but I've been doing so much speed work I felt like 8 was a feasible number. It was. I maintained the same 11 minute mile pace I'd been at during the 5 milers, even at the end when it was more difficult.

I felt okay, a little sore from a tempo run the day before but nothing gave out on me. I must've looked bad towards the last 2 miles though because passing cyclists were shouting encouragement. Felt sick afterwards and realized I hadn't eaten much during the day, and could only eat a little because I was queasy.

Overall a good run, nice trails and weather always help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home