Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm back!

Okay, I've been out with IT band problems since the MCM at the end of October. If anyone reads this, advice...if the problem lasts more than 2 weeks go to your doctor then. A few weeks in PT fixed me up, but I didn't start until the end of December.

That said, I've certainly seen the benefits of cross training. My quads look amazing! I've been on the bike, the elliptical, and the arch trainer. I got the woman who runs the gym at work to start an "Ironman" class which is specifically targeted at athletes and people who are already in great shape, and I'm definitely keeping up with it even though I can run. I've focused more time on strength training my legs, not just my core and upper body, and I hope that helps prevent future injuries.

So I've gotten the all clear and I'm tentatively, slowly, and joyfully running again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home