Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Mama's Back

Wow! It's been a LONG time since I posted here. After alot of struggles with my IT band, I scaled down the running focused on triathlons instead. I became a certified group cycling instructor, joined masters swim, and completed two triathlons.

In April 2008, I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I had a tough but healthy pregnancy, just alot of nasuea, swelling, general malaise. I gained 60 pounds, despite working out until a few days before my daughter was born in January 2009. Turned out that working out pregnant was alot easier than working out with a new baby in the house! After recovering from a hard labor and c-section, I was shocked at how hard working out was! I gave myself 4 months to focus on my daughter, breastfeeding, and getting back to work.

Alot has changed for me in terms of my routine even when you leave the little one out of it. I am now working from home most days, so my staple lunchtime trips to the office gym are over. After trying two different local gyms, a month ago I finally joined a local Crossfit affiliate. I love it! I have always been interested in pushing my physical limits, and that's the name of the game at Crossfit.

So I thought I'd jump back on this blog and start tracking my progress back to my old fit self... It's going to be a long road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home