Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Saturday, April 07, 2007

2:00 Trail Run

My first trail run since my cross country days in high school. I've been making good progress since coming back from the IT band injury, though I haven't been posting much because I'm trying to focus more on the sport and joy of running and less on how many miles I can record, etc. So, in that effort, I've decided to run the Rattlesnake 50K in July. I bought a pair of trail running shoes and headed out on the Potomac Heritage Trail. I think the first 3.5 miles were good training ground, with some stream crossing and rocks, etc. I got to work on some technical skills not required in road racing. I was surprised by two things: how much slower it is running on trails (though I was much faster on the way back, I think it will come with practice) and by how much focus it required. So I guess I'm giving this a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home