Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Thursday, October 20, 2005

4 Miles Hills-40:00

Usually only run 3 miles on my Thursday workout because it's a tough one. I alternate sprint repeats and hills every Thursday. Today I went for 4. It was tough but once I hit 3 I felt I could do one more. I was at level 3 on the treadmill, 10 minute miles. My right shin hurt a little afterwards and I expect a little soreness tonight, and my lungs were a little cough-y afterwards. Felt good though. I think I'm recovering more quickly even though I'm running harder and faster. I read that speed and hills help make you a more fluid runner, and of course a faster and stronger one, so I try to be vigilant about these Thursday workouts. Last week I just did a normal run on Thursday and the recovery did help. Hoping to go for a long run tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home