Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Sunday, March 12, 2006

St. Patrick's Day 8K-5 miles-41:55

Great race! I flew! I was aiming for 42:30, which would be 8:30 miles, a little faster than I've been running at. I would have been happy with a 45:00, since my last 5 miler was 47:15. But awesome! I ran the first mile in 8:40 and got a little faster because in the end, 41:55 averages out to 8:25s. Yay! Felt good. The last mile was tough and the last 1/4 mile was misery but I know I have it my all. Signed up for a 10K next weekend so I could actually run the full length we were supposed to run this weekend (they cut it short bc of security concerns around the white house--grr). A little pain still in the right hip, outer thigh. Exhausted and coughing for a few hours afterwards but it was ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home