Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Sunday, April 23, 2006

GW Parkway Classic 10-miler-1:21:45

Wow! I flew! I was struggling by my 5, thinking I'd started too fast, but then I made friends with a wonderful woman my age and we took off together until mile 9, when she went ahead and I slowed a little. I was reading the splits aloud from my watch, and a lady afterwards told me I kept her on pace. It was fun, and sharing it with other runners makes it sooo much easier. That first mile, all quiet in the hush of a sleepy wet parkway, except for the stomping of thousands of running feet, was very zen. I loved it. Also, so happy with my time. I ran my splits in under 8:13s.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said…

    Great job on your race. I liked the part about the stomping of thousands of running feet. It can definitely make a ruckus.

    I have a ten miler in 2 weeks. My last 10 mile race was 14 years ago, so this should be interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home