Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

3 miles

Heavy legs today! Even heavy lungs for the slow pace I maintained. Yesterday was a GREAT workout, making today definitely a recovery run. Also, incredibly hot, the heat index was probably somewhere around 90 degrees by the time I hit the road at 6:15 AM. I've really adjusted though, especially since early morning runs aren't done in the direct sunlight. I am soaked to the bone after I run these days from sweating so much. Soon enough the heat will pass. And maybe I'll be a better runner for it. I'm running a 20K in a week and a half, wondering if I'm crazy in the August DC sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home