Open Roads...a running blog

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open. - Nike

Saturday, October 22, 2005

LSD-10 Miles-1:45

Good run. Came out to about 10:30-10:45 minute miles, which is faster than my goal of 11:00 minute pace and faster than I ran the 8 miles last week. I ran the same course along the Potomac. Misty day, about 58 degrees. It was a good run. I saw a turtle, about a foot from head to toe, just standing on the edge of the path closest to the water. When I said "Hi buddy!" he buried his head in his shell. Also saw a guy running in the same shirt as me-Shamrock Marathon 2005. We both just pointed and smiled. Gave me an extra burst of energy to remember other people were out there doing it too. Sort of lost some energy during mile 5, after I turned around and started heading back--I think it was the mental thing of having the whole course in front of me again, even though I was halfway through. Got a cramp during mile 6 but it only lasted a minute and didn't affect my pace that much, though I pulled back a little when it started. Pounded out miles 8-10, I couldn't believe it. 10 hurt like hell but the last mile can hurt as bad as it wants, it's still the last mile so you keep pushing just to get it over with. I went to the gym afterwards and sat in the whirlpool and sauna. Doesn't feel like it helped much, I'm still pretty sore. My stomach was upset again afterwards (like last week), even though I ate. Laying down for an hour or so eased it all up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home